Public Computer Lab
- Starting July 9, the Public Computer Labs are now available at the Brighouse and Ironwood Branches for those
who have limited or no access to a computer, the internet, and/or printing.
- The lab offers same-day 45 minute bookings, with time allowed for thorough cleaning of each station between sessions.
- Appointments are made in-person by checking in with staff on-site.
- The computer labs have been developed following WorkSafe BC guidelines to ensure safety of staff and patrons.
- At this time, we cannot accommodate advance registrations or extensions.
- There are three sessions per day with eight spaces each. The time slots are as follows:
- Computer sessions are available Monday to Friday. Public registration starts 10 minutes before each booking time and ends 10 minutes after each booking time.
- The public may begin to line up outside the Brighouse branch at the door located on the public walkway ramp. Signage indicates the location of this entrance.
- We can provide computer access for approximately 24 people per day.
- There are two sessions per day with four spaces each. The time slots are as follows:
- Computer sessions are available Tuesdays and Thursdays. Public registration starts 10 minutes before each booking time and ends 10 minutes after each booking time.
- The public may begin to line up outside the Ironwood branch at the main entrance. Signage indicates the location of this entrance.
- We can provide computer access for approximately eight people per day.
RPL public computers provide access to Internet and software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Branch-specific Computer Services
Different branches have different types of work stations and booking durations.
» Book a computer at your branch.
Computer Booking System Features
Automatic Booking Extensions
(Based on Availability)
If there are enough computers available after your time limit is reached, your session will be automatically extended.
Make a Scheduled Booking
Because of the automatic extensions, we recommend booking a computer station in advance, rather than depending on the availability of walk-up bookings.
Smart Booking Assignment
The system will automatically assign you a computer in the area you have selected. Booking specific computer stations is not supported.
The system will allow you to sign on early to an unused station you have booked.
Book a Computer